The Nasty Galaxy Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Nasty Galaxy Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Nasty Gal, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies (and the IRS dependents, immediate family members and individuals residing in the same household as any of the foregoing persons) are not eligible to participate. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (“Rules”). Void where prohibited.
2. Entry Period: From 09/27/2016 at 05:00:00 Pacific Time ("PT") through 10/03/2016 at 11:59:59 PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter.
- Book Pre-Order. You will be eligible to enter into the Sweepstakes when you pre-order a copy of the book Nasty Galaxy by Sophia Amoruso from www.nastygal.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com, or any other participating retailers during the Sweepstakes Period. Once purchased , please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your receipt and your name, complete address, date of birth, email address, and telephone number. If you pre-ordered a copy of Nasty Galaxy from www.nastygal.com, www.barnesandnoble.com, www.amazon.com, or any other participating retailers before the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email to Sponsor at email@example.com with a copy of your receipt and your name, complete address, date of birth, email address, and telephone number.
- Mail. To enter the Sweepstakes without pre-ordering Nasty Galaxy, neatly hand-print on a piece of paper, your name, complete address, date of birth, email address (if available), and telephone number. Then, mail your completed entry in a stamped, hand-addressed envelope to: “The Nasty Galaxy Sweepstakes”, 523 W. 6th St. #330, Los Angeles, CA 90014. Incomplete, illegible, damaged, incorrectly addressed, late, lost, misdirected and postage-due entries will not be accepted, acknowledged or returned. Entries must be postmarked no later than 10/03/2016 and received by 10/10/2016.
Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Additional attempts to submit an entry from the same person are void. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. No responsibility is assumed for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, or stolen entries.
4. Winner Selection and Notification: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be randomly selected on or about 10/11/2016 from among all eligible entries. Potential winner will be notified using the contact information provided at the time of entry. No liability is assumed for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. Failure to respond to any winner notification within 72 hours may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release. Failure to comply when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If potential winner is a minor under the laws of his/her state of residence, a parent or legal guardian must sign all required documents on his/her behalf.
5. Prize/Odds: One (1) Grand Prize is available: A custom print of the winner by Nasty Galaxy's illustrator, Tuesday Bassen. Winner must provide to Sponsor a photograph of herself/himself for the portrait. Approximate retail value of prize: $400. One final inked drawing, no revisions, a single figure only (not a group drawing), and minimal background. The drawing is at the artist's discretion.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution by winner or cash equivalent is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for one of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Winner is solely responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses or costs not expressly set forth above. No responsibility is assumed for any events beyond Sponsor's control.
Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries.
6. Release of Liability: By participating, you release Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you agree that these entities are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding of any prize except as expressly provided in these Official Rules. By entering, you agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses. These rules and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the internal laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the states and federal courts in California for resolution of any disputes relating to the Sweepstakes and waive any objection thereto. For New Jersey residents, the limitations set forth above are inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statute.
7. Additional Rules: By participating, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such person’s eligibility. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised in a manner that corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and to select the winner from among eligible entries received that are not affected by the problem or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. No responsibility is assumed for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, incomplete or illegible entries, all of which are void; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials. Entry constitutes consent to the use of winner's name, voice, picture and/or likeness, in any and all media without restriction of any kind whatsoever, without compensation for promotion purposes to the extent allowed by law.
8. Official Rules and Winner Name: For an additional copy of these Rules, or the winner's name, available after 10/10/2016, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “The Nasty Galaxy Sweepstakes”, 523 W. 6th St. #330, Los Angeles, CA 90014. All requests must be received by 11/10/2016.
9. Sponsor: The Nasty Galaxy Sweepstakes, 523 W. 6th St. #330, Los Angeles, CA 90014.