Today in Girlboss History // 7.8.16
On this Day: Anjelica Huston—Academy Award winning actress and the greatest Morticia Addams ever—was born in 1951.
- The Spice Girls' Wannabe” on it’s 20th anniversary: We get a new answer to what girls really, really want (hint: it’s more than just a zig-a-zig-ah). // The Independent
- For the first time ever, three women may simultaneously be in charge of the U.S., U.K. and Germany. // USA Today
- Madonna goes to Kenya to promote girls’ education and maternal health. // Huffington Post
- What’s it like for women working with a bunch of Wall Street bros? Not that chill. // New York Times
- This bitty girlboss would like you to know that “the companies who make [toys] try to trick the girls into buying the pink stuff, instead of stuff the boys want to buy....[but] some girls like superheroes, some like princesses.” // YouTube
- When asked by a reporter what it feels like to be “one of the greatest female athletes of all time,” Serena Williams replied, “I prefer the word 'one of the greatest athletes of all time.'" // USA Today