The Week in Girlboss News
On this day: In 1934, seven-time Oscar nominee and Best Supporting Actress winner Dame Judi Dench was born.
- Madonna gave a badass Woman of the Year speech at the Billboard’s Women in Music event. // Billboard
- Old-school rooming houses for “career-minded women” like the Webster Apartments in NYC still serve their original purpose today (a.k.a. more affordable rent for a disenfranchised population). // New York Times
- Cheer up, buttercups: a recent Harvard study shows that optimistic women may live longer. // Reuters
- Ellevest founder (and Girlboss Radio guest!) Sallie Krawcheck penned this column on why and how women should ask for a raise. // PBS News Hour
- Tina Fey thinks you should show your power by saying “no.” // New York Magazine
- BuzzFeed produced its own take on the Victoria’s Secret fashion show highlighting body-type diversity. // BuzzFeed