The Edge of (Twenty) Seventeen
Well, well, well, 2016: We survived you after all. For the years to come, this one will be remembered as a year of big surprises and big losses, and while technically speaking, nothing is going to magically change on the stroke of midnight on Sunday night, there's comfort in the idea of resetting in order to tackle whatever 2017 might bring. Because that's what Girlbosses do: tackle shit.
We're not going to tell you to buck up and get over it. We're not going to tell you to pull yourself up by your bootstraps if you're not in the mood to pull yourself up by your goddamn bootstraps. If you want to take time to reflect, do that. If you want to ease yourself into the new year, do that. And if you want to bust out the gates firing on all cylinders, do that. Below, we've compiled articles from the site over the last year that will help you do you, discover some of the good stuff that happened this year, and set yourself up to keep on keepin' on, whatever that might look like to you.
Lastly, before we part ways this year, we want to say a big thank you to you, our readers, our Girlboss Radio listeners, and those who have been following Sophia's journey. In case you missed it on Insta last week, she had some really inspiring things to say about her own challenging year, and as we gear up for the first inaugural Girlboss Rally in March, we want to express our gratitude for your enthusiasm and energy. So, here's to 2017: a year that will inevitably be filled with achievements, happiness, loss, disappointment, surprises and everything in between. Get after it, Girlboss; we'll be right there with you.
If you're ready to hit the ground right. this. minute:
- We compiled a list of resources for learning to code so you can update your website or beef up your resume.
- Jessica Haggett, founder of the all-female motorcycle collective The Litas, shares 4 keys to staying true to your inner badass.
- Amanda Gorman, Youth Poet Laureate of the West, breaks down how creatives can contribute to the fight for social justice.
- Applying for a new job? Check out these 4 tips for writing a killer cover letter.
- Get your finances in order (for real this time) with these apps and investment platforms.
- Is your resolution to wake up earlier? Here's how you can achieve that goal.
- Feel lighter + save money + save time = bone broths and purees for lunch.
If you're more of the one-foot-at-a-time type:
- Christine Lafian, founder of dreamy textile company SUKU, shares 5 keys to keeping your workplace a happy place.
- Sweet Loren's founder Loren Brill shares 10 tips for keeping your head in the game as you start your small business.
- Have you smartened up your home yet? Check out how these AI devices can help with your workflow.
- Here are six apps to take a peek at that can save you time and money.
- If you're looking to refresh your home, these women-run companies offer brilliant ways to overhaul your bedroom and living room.
- Show your skin, hair and hangovers some love with these oil-based products.
And now for a little reflection:
- We compiled a bunch of badass quotes from a bunch of badass ladies.
- Need a little levity in your workflow? Check out these books, TV shows and social media accounts sure to make you laugh.
- Should 2017 (or any year hereafter) present you with a crap week, here are a few ways to make sure you're taking care of yourself.
- Here's a list of books that are perfect for inquisitive women (that's you!)