The Week in Girlboss News + How to Keep Fighting the Good Fight
On this day in history: California Senator Barbara Boxer, longtime defender of women’s reproductive rights, was born in 1940.
For those of you who are still in shock this week after the election results, who may feel powerless or hopeless or vulnerable, know that your sisters here at Girlboss stand with you. Instead of our usual news roundup this week, we put together a list of organizations and efforts to which you can pledge your time, attention and resources in the ongoing fight for progress and equality.
We believe in you. We believe that you and all of us together—we are the future.
- Donate to Planned Parenthood. If you’re already a monthly contributor, consider upping your amount.
- This open letter to the nation from 100 women of color leaders is super inspiring.
- Participate in efforts to get more women to run for public office with She Should Run.
- Donate to the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Girls Write Now (the founder of which, Maya Nussbaum, we profiled over the summer) is seeking writing mentors for high-school girls in the NYC area.
- Donate to Lambda Legal, which fights for the rights of the LGBTQ population.
- Volunteer for NextGen Climate Action.
- An artist named Maeril created a guide on what to do if you see Islamophobic harassment.